Sunday, June 14, 2009

Packing for Vermont

Packing for a long trip is always a challenge. I want to bring everything! But as I go through the piles of clothes for me and my two young daughters, I keep pulling things out and asking, Do I really need this? Does she really need that? Slowly, I am getting it down to the bare essentials. The truth is, we don't really need much. We can be in the same clothes all summer. It's fine to let ourselves get so sick of what we are wearing that we stop really choosing what to put on in the morning and just grab anything that seems fairly clean. And I will be fine with one pad and a few pens. One jacket. In the end it teaches me that I need very little in this life. And the girls pick that up too.

1 comment:

  1. Ann! This is perfect! It is God! Thank you. Thank you. It really is that simple. LOVE
    jane

    ReplyDelete