Wednesday, June 3, 2009

triptych

A crazy thing happened today while I was meditating. I hope I can describe it in words. I was in a very deep state. So deep I was almost dreaming. I was seeing an image in my mind of a woman outside. She was standing with her arms on the back of a chair that was facing away from her. She began to lean on the chair and it tipped and she lost her balance, almost falling but catching herself. It was a split second of imbalance that coincided exactly with a loud rumbling of thunder and me startling out of my state. The incredible thing was the simultaneity. The woman in my mind lost her balance exactly when the thunder rumbled and I was startled. One thing did not cause another. All three things happened in the one instant, but each event existed in its own layer of reality. I saw all three stacked like a layer cake. What it did was bring to my attention the three layers of reality that exist at any given moment: The physical body, the mind, and all that is outside of the self. The simultaneous triptych event was like a new picture of reality for me. It was a wake up, telling me to pay attention to what is happening in those three realms at any given moment. Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment