Monday, May 10, 2010

Shout Out to Mom

As a human my mother was a teacher
As pure spirit she teaches through my child
As a human my mother liked to worry
As a spirit she knows no fear
As a human my mother could be stern
As spirit she is always very calm
As a human my mother never quite believed in herself
As a spirit she is only potential
As a human my mother cooked with reticence
As pure spirit she cooks a lot of love
As a human my mother showed me pure love
She gave it freely, softly and sometimes magically
As spirit she is all magic all the time
As a human my mother taught me not to pick up feathers because they are dirty
As spirit she sends me feathers every day
Even the crusty, broken, rotting wing of a hawk
As a human my mother took care of me
As a spirit she whispers, take care of yourself

2 comments:

  1. Lauren, I was thinking of you when I posted this. I hope Paris is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was thinking of me too! :D
    i love this! it is so beautiful! so touching!
    the ending is amazing and it is what i hear my mum telling me every day
    love you, thank you - L

    ReplyDelete