Monday, July 12, 2010

Vermont

Every summer for the past four, my children, husband and I have spent many weeks in Vermont. I have been preparing for this trip for a few weeks and we leave in two days. I cannot wait! Every year our time there seems to just get better. Maybe it's because our connections to the people and the place grow stronger and yield more rewards, which are great and plentiful.

I think the thing I am looking forward to most is seeing the loons again and hearing their calls echo across the lake. I am looking forward to sleeping with the windows open with our heads next to the screen so we can smell the exhales of the cedars. I am looking forward to a lot of Ben and Jerry's. I am looking forward to buying Frances a new pair of crocs at my favorite everything store, the Pick and Shovel. I am looking forward to seeing old friends and watching Bread and Puppet perform in an open field. I am looking forward to walking in the pine forest, where it is always dark. I am really looking forward to the rain. Most of all I am looking forward to having adventures and seeing what this summer has in store for us. Yes.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this! it sounds like such a magical place
    i have a place kind of like this... and you feel so lucky when you have a place to go that inspires and restores you. and even more so when that place is nature. it gives back ten fold.
    have the BEST time
    of course, i will miss you terribly

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete