Sunday, October 11, 2009

Desert Morning

Roadrunner

Runs across my path

Long tail and legs

He is big

His call is funny sounding

And bubbles up a smile


Smile at the bird

Who tells me I am right

I am at the center

I have arrived

Guns me to run

To get it done


Up comes the wind

Circling my spot

And lifting my clothes

From dry skin

Opening the time

And bleeding love out


Desert sun

Releases a bluer sky

The mountains like paper cutouts

Crisp along the edge

At night the stars

Settle on their shoulders


This open space

That appears to have nothing

That only likes simple shapes

And plants with tiny leaves

Like a vacuum it sucks the words out

Spilling onto page after page


Like a bleached out can in the sand

With a lizard hiding inside

This land is full

of surprising stories

Of disintegration and running fast

Taking the heart up in a snap of heat

No comments:

Post a Comment