Monday, October 26, 2009

more rats

This summer we had rats in our walls. They are gone but now we have them in the garden. And they've always been in the trees. Rat medicine. It must be good for me. Everything else is running so well. We are all well and happy. The house is full of life and activity. Work is great. The rats must be in line with all of that. Or maybe not. There is a nagging quality to this rat thing. Especially the close encounters. It's one thing to hear them scratching in the walls and quite another to have them jumping out of a bin a few inches from my face. I mean, really? Must I see them that close up to get the benefits of their medicine? It's a big pill to swallow, this rat pill. It's got me feeling as though I am missing something. Some detail is eluding me. Like that I am really bugged about something I am not admitting to. Denying some part that wants to be screamed about. But what? Rat medicine is definitely tricky. It's a dirty little secret hidden away. Maybe its the pile of bills on my desk, or the to do list that is getting a bit unmanageable or the long over due maintenance on the house. But I'm not sure. I think it might be something a bit deeper. A bit more entrenched. I am going to keep investigating this rat medicine stuff and see if I can't discover what it's all about.

1 comment: